MLB at FOX Sports
FOX broadcasts Baseball Night in America in prime time Saturday night during the summer with additional games in September. FS1 broadcasts Saturday games and some mid-week games.
Joe Davis is the new lead announcer of the play FOX, joined by John Smoltz. They will call the All-Star Game in Los Angeles, the return of the game Field of Dreams in Iowa (Reds vs. Cubs) and the 2022 World Series.
FS1 and FOX will broadcast both National League series and championships.
MLB Whiparound on FS1 reports on running games, news and analysis.
MLB on FOX / FS1 can be broadcast on FOX Sports.com and in the app.
Host broadcast: Joe Davis, John Smoltz, Ken Rosenthal and Tom Verducci (postseason)
Play the game: Adam Amin, Kevin Burkhardt, Aaron Goldsmith, Len Casper, Don Arsila
Analysts: AJ Perzhinsky, Eric Karas, Tom Verducci
Journalists: John Paul Frost, Ken Rosenthal, Tom Verducci
Studio: Burkhardt, Chris Myers; Frank Thomas, Alex Rodriguez, Nick Swisher, Mark Sweeney, David Ortiz (post-season only)
MLB on the early FS1 schedule
- 4/9: Red Sox at Yankees 4 p.m.
- 4/11: Mets at Phillies (Mon) 6:30 p.m.
- 4/16: Braves at Padres 16:00
- 4/23: White Sox at Twins 16:00
- 4/30: Angels at White Sox 16:00; Phyllis at the Mets 7 p.m.
- 5/07: Tigers in Astros, 4pm; The Cardinals at Giants 19:00
FOX National Broadcasting, 7 p.m.
- 5/28: Cubs in the White Sox; Phyllis in Metz; Dodgers in Diamondbacks
- 6/4: Cardinals in the Cubs; Angels in Phyllis
- 6/11: Cubs in the Yankees; Dodgers in the Giants
- 6/18: Guardians at Dodgers; Cardinals in the Red Sox
- 6/25: Reds in Giants; Dodgers in Braves
- 7/2: Red Sox at Cubs; Podres in Dodgers
- 7/9: Yankees in the Red Sox; Giants in Padres
- 7/16: Red Sox at Yankees; Brewers in the Giants
- 19/7: MLB All-Star Game in Los Angeles
- 7/23: Guardians at White Sox; Giants in Dodgers
- 7/30: Cardinals on Nationalities; Phillies at Pirates; And in the White Sox
- 8/6: Yankees to the Cardinals; Red in Brewers
- 8/11: Game Field of Dreams: Reds vs Cubs in Iowa (thu)
- 8/13: Yankees in the Red Sox; Sailors in the Rangers
- 8/20: Astros at Braves; Sailors in A; Metz in Phyllis
- 8/27: Giants in the Twins; Braves in the Cardinals
- 9/3: Mariner at Guardians; Citizens in Metz
- 9/10: Angels in Astros; Red in Brewers
ESPN Sunday Night Baseball
Sunday Night Baseball returns to its 33rd season on ESPN, with 25 games scheduled for 2022. This season, ESPN will feature up to 30 games with the ability to simultaneously broadcast individual games on ABC. ESPN will no longer broadcast games on weekdays.
The new broadcast team of Sunday Night Baseball will be Karl Ravech, who will be joined by analysts David Cohn and Eduardo Perez. Doug Glanville joins John Syamby as the new SNB team on ESPN Radio.
Baseball with Kay Rod on Sunday night: Alex Rodriguez and Michael Kay will host a select number of alternative SNB broadcasts simultaneously on ESPN2.
This fall ESPN will show all the best of the three Wild Card series. ESPN Radio will broadcast the entire MLB postseason, including the 2022 World Series.
ESPN will broadcast special events, including the Homeran Derby and the 2022 Classic League at Williamsport (Red Sox vs. Orioles).
SNB will broadcast on all ESPN platforms. ESPN + will broadcast some RSN games daily.
Baseball Sunday night: Carl Ravech, David Cohn, Eduardo Perez
SNB on ESPN Radio: John Syamby, Doug Glenville
SNB of Kay-Rod (ESPN2; 8 episodes): Alex Rodriguez, Michael Kay
Another talent: Jessica Mendoza, Marley Rivera, Buster Ollney, Tim Kurkjan, Jeff Passan, Jesse Rogers
ESPN / baseball schedule Sunday night, 7 p.m.
- 4/7: Reds in Braves (Thu / ESPN2)
- 4/10: Red Sox in Yankees
- 4/17: Braves at Padres
- 4/24: Brewers in the Phillies
- 5/1: Phyllis in Metz
- 5/7: Brewers in Braves (sub / ESPN2)
- 5/8: Dodgers in Cubs
- 5/15: Giants in the Cardinals
- 5/22: White Sox in Yankees
- 5/29: Phillies at Mets (ESPN2)
- 7/3: Cardinals to Phyllis
- 7/10: Yankees in the Red Sox
- 21.08: Red Sox at Orioles (Classic Minor League)
MLB on TBS on Tuesday night
MLB on TBS will move to Tuesday night in the 2022 season and will broadcast a weekly game schedule throughout the season.
MLB on TBS will also debut each week a new 30-minute pre-game and post-game show hosted by Ernie Johnson or Lauren Shehadi, joined by Curtis Granderson, Jimmy Rollins and Hall of Fame member Pedro Martinez.
Brian Anderson and Ron Darling return as lead broadcasters for TBS, Bob Costas also acts as the play’s broadcaster, and Jeff Franker also works as a game analyst.
TBS will broadcast the post-season American League, including the divisional series and the American League Championship series.
MLB on TBS streams on TBS.com and in the app.
MLB on TBS schedule Tuesday night
- 4/12: Earthquake at Giants, 9:30 p.m.
- 4/19: Braves at Dodgers, 10 p.m.
- 4/26: Mets at Cardinals, 19:30
- 5/3: Giants in Dodgers, 10 p.m.
- 5/10: Red Sox at Braves, 7 p.m.
- 5/17: Astros at the Red Sox, 7 p.m.
- 5/24: Brewers in Padres, 9:30 p.m.
- 5/31: Angels in the Yankees, 19.00
- 6/7: Dodgers at the White Sox, 8 p.m.
- 6/14: Rays of the Yankees, 19.00
- 6/21: Giants in Braves, 7 p.m.
- 28.06: Astros in Metz, 19.00
The MLB Network broadcasts 24-hour coverage of Major League Baseball with live games, studio shows, original programs and movies about baseball.
MLB Tonight is a flagship studio show that broadcasts news, analysis and live reports every night.
MLB Network Showcase will produce and broadcast some games. They will include on-site and studio games, as well as select alternative broadcasts.
MLBN will show two games from each NLDS Postseason series in October.
MLB Network simultaneously transmits live games from RSN (with local outages).
The MLB network can be broadcast on MLB.com and on all MLB platforms with cable / satellite subscription.
Daily MLB Network programming
- 9 a.m .: MLB Central with Lauren Shehadi, Robert Flores, Mark DeRosa
- 13:00: High heat with Christopher’s “Crazy Dog” Rousseau
- 14:00: MLB is now with Brian Kenny
- 15:00: Off Base with Lauren Gardner
- 16:00: Deliberate conversation with Kevin Millar, Stephen Nelson
- 17:00: Distribution before the game with Matt Wasgersyan
- 18:00: MLB Tonight
- 1:00: Quick step
Additional / alternative programs
Saturday morning: play ball; MLB network breakdown
Highlights / Analysis: Diamond Demo; MLB Network Countdown; Hot plate (off-season)
Features: MLB Network Presents (documentaries), Bleacher Features (movies)
Special: Game Sounds, Draft MLB 2022, Epic Inings
MLB Network Showcase April schedule
- 4/7: Red Sox in Yankees
- 4/12: Mets to Phyllis
- 4/14: Blue Jace in the Yankees
- 4/18: Braves to the Dodgers
- 4/23: Dodgers in Padres
- 4/28: Cubs in Braves
Apple TV + will broadcast exclusive double headers on Friday night during the regular season. All games will be produced by the MLB network. Apple TV will also broadcast MLB Big Inning, featuring highlights and a live broadcast every night.
Baseball on Friday night on Apple TV +
- 4/8: Mets on the national; Astros in angels
- 4/15: Rays at White Sox; The Reds in the Dodgers
- 4/22: Cardinals in the Reds; Rangers in athletics
- 4/29: Yankees in the Royals; Citizens in the Giants
- 5/6: White Sox to Red Sox; Rays of sailors
- 5/13: Padres in Braves; Cubs in Diamondbacks
- 5/20: Cardinals in Pirates; Rangers in Astros
- 5/27: Orioles in the Red Sox; Blue jays in angels
- 6/3: Tigers in the Yankees; Brave in the Rockies
- 6/10: rays in twins; Found in angels
- 6/17: White Sox in Astros; Watchman at Dodgers
- 6/24: Cubs of the Cardinals; Tigers in Diamondback
- Peacock will broadcast 18 exclusive Sunday games, with the first six games scheduled at 11:30 a.m. and the last 12 at noon. NBC Sports will release these games in May. The All-Star Futures game will also air on Peacock in July.
MLB at Peacock
- 5/8: White Sox to Red Sox
- 5/15: Padres in Braves
- 5/22: Cardinals in Pirates
- 5/29: Giants in the Reds
- 6/5: The Tigers in the Yankees
- 6/12: Athletics in the Guardians
- 6/19: Phillies of the Nationals
- 6/26: Metz in Marlins
- 7/3: Royals at Tigers
- 7/10: Angels in the Orioles
- 7/17: Royals at Blue Jays
- 7/24: Cubs in Phyllis
- 7/31: Tigers in the Blue Jace
- 8/7: Astros at Guardians
- 8/14: Address on the National
- 8/21: White Sox in the Guardians
- 8/28: Dodgers in Marlins
- 9/4: Blue Jace in Pirates
- Amazon Prime will have the exclusive rights to broadcast 21 New York Yankees games produced by the YES Network and available in local team regions (New Jersey, Context, Part of the Software). The stream will include improved real-time statistics and player information.
MLB.TV and MLB At Bat broadcast all national and regional games, including post-season. The service includes daily free play (local shutdowns apply). The whole package is free for T-Mobile subscribers.
Cable / satellite
MLB Extra Innings simultaneously broadcasts all non-national games on cable or satellite television (local shutdowns apply).
The MLB Strike Zone shows live snippets of MLB games on Tuesday and Friday nights on cable or satellite TV.
As always, thank you Sammy for helping to put together this primer!!