NEWNow you can listen to Fox News articles!
The daughters of Prince Andrew, Princess Eugene and Princess Beatrice, have been embroiled in their father’s latest scandal.
Turkish millionaire Nebahat Eviap Isbilen claims that she has entrusted her financial adviser Selman Turk with 67 million pounds, including payments to the prince totaling more than 1 million pounds, his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson and 225 thousand pounds 25 thousand pounds. . reported.
According to a High Court complaint, the money paid to Queen Elizabeth II’s son included a £ 750,000 payment made in November 2019, a few days after Turk won a prize in the Andrew’s Pitch @ Palace start-up competition. .
Isbilen said that, in her opinion, the payment was for the prince’s help in obtaining a new passport after she escaped from the country where her husband is in prison, the newspaper reports. However, the office of Turk and Andrew allegedly told her bankers that this amount was a “wedding gift” for Beatrice, who married Edward Mapelli Mozzi in July 2020.
Prince Andrew used the Instagram of his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson to write a deleted message using the HRH title
Court documents noted that when Isbilen’s lawyers contacted Andrew in March 2021 about payment, he returned £ 750,000.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment. A spokesman for the 62-year-old Duke of York told Fox News Digital that they could not comment on current legal issues.
A spokesman for the 62-year-old Ferguson told Fox News Digital: “The Duchess was not at all aware of the charges that have since emerged against Mr Turk. She is, of course, concerned that he is being accused. “
Spokesmen for 32-year-old Eugenia and 33-year-old Beatrice also did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment. However, the publication noted that the sisters allegedly did not know of any alleged contact with Turk. In addition, they deliberately did not correspond with the Turks.
CLICK HERE TO SAVE FOX NEWS
“On March 31, 2022, I received a letter from attorney Peters & Peters representing her client Nebahat Eviap Isbilen in her lawsuit against Mr. Selman Turk and various companies,” Eugenia said in a statement to People magazine. “I know neither Mrs. Isbilen nor Mr. Turk (nor any other details of the claim) and I was surprised to receive this letter asking me to explain the two payments made to my bank account in October 2019 which, as I understood, gifts from a longtime family friend to help pay for a surprise party to the 60th anniversary of my mother Sarah, Duchess of York ”.
“In early October 2019, a friend of ours called me and said he wanted to make a financial contribution for my mother’s birthday to help pay for food,” she continued. “I suggested that any contribution could be made directly to the catering establishments, but in the case of submitting the details of my account to which two payments totaling £ 25,000 were made, which I then transferred to the company that hosted my party mother. “
“I am now consulting with my lawyers, whom Peters & Peters has asked to answer on my behalf to help with their investigations,” Eugenia said in a statement.
This is one of many scandals surrounding the Duke of York in recent months. In February, he reached an out-of-court settlement with Virginia Juffre in her lawsuit over sexual assault against the British prince. The 38-year-old American claimed that she was trafficked by a convicted sex offender, American financier Jeffrey Epstein, and three times forced her to have sex with Andrew when she was 17 years old. Andrew has repeatedly denied these allegations.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO ENTERTAINMENT SPRAY
As previously reported, earlier this year, Andrew calculated the debt for a ski lodge in the Swiss resort of Verbier. Isabel de Ruhr reportedly sold the property to Andrew and his ex-wife in 2014. However, a dispute arose over the final payment of their share. De Ruhr said the agreement was reached in November.
“This war is over,” she told the British Daily Mail at the time. “The case is over. I have nothing to do with it now. That’s all. “
Most recently, Ferguson shared a series of Instagram posts on behalf of Andrew, which originally banned the title of “His Royal Highness.” The report was about his service in the Royal Navy during the Falklands War.
In January, the queen stripped Andrew of his military affiliation and royal patronage as a result of his litigation with Jufre. Despite the fact that Andrew will retain his title of duke, as well as retain his place in the line of succession to the throne, he can no longer use “HRH” in any official capacity.
Virginia Juffre v. Prince Andrew: Both sides agree to drop the case after a $ 16 million settlement
Shortly after the post was published, it was amended to remove “HRH” before the title of Duke of York Andrew. The posts were then completely removed.
Buckingham Palace officials did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment. Ferguson’s spokesman did not comment.