Damn, Guerrilla Games really works through these patch numbers. Just days after deploying the latest update for Horizon Forbidden West, the Dutch studio released another one, bringing the game to version 1.11. Weighing in at 1,133 GB, this patch is actually versions 1.10 and 1.11 at the same time. So the download is a bit bigger than the previous updates. Take five or so minutes to transfer it to your PlayStation 5, PS4 systems.
The patch notes cover a variety of balance changes and fixes for both major and minor quests, as well as fixes for the legendary weapon issue. Now there are even subtitles for the title song In The Flood – “Karaoke Session Time” – notes to the patch are recommended.
As always, Guerrilla Games also highlights some additional issues she is aware of. This includes the problem that Atekka does not use the ballista in Blood Choke, still does not unlock the upgraded Every Pouch Type trophy, and new items do not appear with the correct icon. To find out about known issues, click on the link.
Notes on patches for the Horizon Forbidden West update 1.11
CORRECTION AND CORRECTION
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “Broken Sky”, in which sometimes players could not interact with Katala or follow him after a quick trip and promotion on other side content.
- Fixed an issue in the main task “Wings of Ten”, when in rare cases the goal was not updated after returning to base, blocking progress.
- Fixed several problems with conditional progression in the side quest “Hunting Thirst”.
- Fixed an issue in the side quest “Boom or bust”, in which redefining any of the machines during the task “Kill cars” did not lead to the progress of the quest.
- Fixed multiple instances of machines that fell outside the player’s reach while completing side quest tasks, thus conditionally blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Camp Devil’s Grasp where sometimes the “Search in Command Center” task could not be completed.
- Fixed an issue in Rebel Camp First Forge where a player could miss receiving a Sun Scourge bow by rebooting a save after looting Asera. NOTE: This will not affect the preservation of games by people who have “lost” the bow due to a reboot of the save after picking up the bow, but before talking to Erend. These players can review Asera’s corpse. Asera’s corpse will always be reborn until the players take away her bow. Please take the bow so that it will stop persecuting the West.
- Fixed an issue with Keruf’s contract to rescue “Missing Equipment”, in which the contract cannot be completed if the player acquires several necessary items.
- Fixed an issue in Plainsong hunting grounds where trials sometimes could not be started or completed.
- Fixed a problem with passing a melee pit.
- Fixed an issue where the player level instead of the number of kills could affect whether Apex or Evolved machines would appear in the open world instead of the standard options.
- Fixed an issue with Bristleback in which the Apex version never appeared in the open world.
- Fixed a problem with the oral horn, in which the top of the plowhorn did not contain the heart of the top of the plow.
- Fixed an issue with Rockbreaker that prevented “Miner’s Claws” from being collected from Apex Rockbreaker after their separation.
- Fixed an issue with Slaughterspine where the Plasma Earthblaster robbery from Apex Slaughterspine contained one metal splinter instead of volatile sludge and Crystal Braiding.
- The fall frequency for Snapmaw “Dispersal Tanks” mining has been adjusted.
- Fixed an issue with Skydrifter when Skydrifter was standing in the air.
- Fixed an issue with Thunderjaw in which the regular (not Apex) version never appeared in the open world.
- Disciplined Tideripper, caught showing off by slipping and gliding over a certain habitat.
- Fixed an issue with Widemaw when his throat kept spinning after he was killed.
- Fixed an issue with humanoid enemies where inflicting a deadly blow with a thorn thrower could cause enemies to freeze in place instead of dying and falling to the ground.
Weapons / Armor / Skills
- Again, an unintentional change in the legendary weapon is balanced.
- Fixed an issue with the upgrade for Death-Seeker’s Shadow: Increased hit damage for Advance Hunter Arrows with the first upgrade.
- Fixed a problem with the shadow and bow of the lightning hunter, in which the creation of Advanced Shock Hunter shots attracted resources from the vault.
- Fixed an issue with Shredders that sometimes did not play a reboot and throw animation.
- Fixed an issue with shredders when advanced shredders used the same icon as regular shredders.
- Fixed an issue with Shredder Satchel when the Workbench menu indicated that the maximum number of Advanced Shredders was increased to 12, but the actual maximum number in the game was 11.
- Corrected incorrect statement in textbook text for Purgewater textbook. The text is used for statements “In this state, their natural attacks are turned off and they become more vulnerable to frost and shock.‘It was changed to “Once they are in this state, their natural attacks are turned off and their resistance to all elementary damage and condition is reduced.‘
- Fixed an issue with Coils and Weaves when mods that are designed to increase impact strike, instead increase all losses.
- Fixed an issue with reels and weaves where weaves that provide multiple protection increases the Plasma Weave icon.
- Fixed an extreme case where pressing a “throw” action for rocks instead committed a heavy melee. Stealth players, don’t celebrate too loud, cars will hear you!
- Fixed a problem with hunting bows in which the reboot animation was played incorrectly when using the Advanced Elemental or Targeting arrows. Now players should be able to shoot faster.
- Fixed an issue with the armor of Carja Wanderer, Nora Sentinel and Nora Tracker, in which resistance decreased with their upgrade.
UI / UX
- Activating a new query when it appears in the HUD will now correctly highlight this quest on the Tasks tab in the log.
- Fixed an issue where trying to access the workbench after selling all the weapons resulted in an endless black screen.
- Action hints and quest markers can now be hidden in custom HUD settings.
- Improved visibility in the underwater part of the San Francisco Challenge Ruin Hobart Office.
- Changed the sort order of some plant objects to improve rendering time.
- Made adjustments to the dynamic resolution system for better scaling.
Performance and stability
- Several bug fixes.
- A few fixes to broadcast in-game and in cinema.
- Added subtitles to the lyrics of the title song “In The Flood”. Time for karaoke!
- Added “Switch” option to the settings menu for mining operations.
- Fixed multiple reassignment conflicts.
- Fixed default control conflict between Mount Light Attack and Select / Deselect Track in Focus mode.
- Fixed an issue where Aloe could be blocked in animations if a spike in prowess was activated when using zipline.
- Fixed an issue where killing a hovering brown bird could sometimes cause its corpse to get stuck in a floating position.
- Fixed an issue where difficulty-related settings could be enabled in difficulty modes that did not allow them.
- Fixed several cases where Aloe could get stuck in geometry.
- A few fixes to the Aloy animation.
- Lots of fixes and sound improvements.
- Several fixes for lighting and improvements in cinematography.
- Lots of fixes and improvements to body and face animation in cinema.
- Many fixes and improvements to NPC animation and NPC props in settlements.
- Lots of fixes and localization improvements.
- Several other bug fixes.