After delaying several times and many months from the initial release date in July 2020, Morbius finally hit the theater on Laughter Day. It was not worth waiting in any case. Sony’s latest film “Spider Poem” may be one of the worst films Marvel has ever associated with – and there have been some bad Marvel movies for the last few decades. From the errors of continuity and scenes that were previously teasing, which did not get into the final version of the film, to the banal versions of the story, Morbius it’s an absolute mess that takes itself too seriously for a superhero movie about a scientist who turns into a vampire-bloodsucker after combining his DNA with the DNA of vampire bats. A few days after I saw this 104-minute train wreck, my mind was still tormented by questions about what I had witnessed. Even director Daniel Espinosa and Dr. Michael Morbius himself Jared Leto probably couldn’t explain much of what was happening on screen. However, here are my 42 questions Morbius and its equally confusing scenes after credits:
1. Jared Harris knew that Morbius was about when he signed up for it?
2. Where did Mila get all her money? Obviously, it’s loaded since he first appeared as a child at the beginning of the film, but even after years he started funding Dr. Morbius ’“ experimental ”research, there’s never an explanation for where all that money comes from.
3. Maybe I missed something, but why did Morbius give up the Nobel Prize? Is it because he has not yet found a cure for his rare blood disease, so he was not satisfied? Was it not enough to create synthetic blood that would save millions of lives?
4. As Morbius and Martin prepare to test Morbius ’“ medicine ”on the boat, whose idea was to call the location of the boat“ International Waters ”after Morbius said they needed to travel to international waters? Could we just say the location and leave it at that?
5. Wait, is Long Island away?
6. Why did all these mercenaries bring weapons to the boat? They were traveling with a couple of doctors who were conducting experiments. Did they expect one of them to turn into a hyperviolent vampire?
7. According to National Geographic, a colony of 100 vampire bats can drink the blood of 25 cows a year. That’s a lot of blood. But more importantly, it’s a lot cow blood. No offense to the cattle of the world, but can we just get Morbius a few cows to feed and a day?
8. Well, I get a thirst for blood, the ability to echolocation – all that is associated with bats. Morbius has linked his DNA to the DNA of a vampire bat, so now he has the ability to bat. But why is my boyfriend so damn torn now?
9. When Morbius goes into his Bat radar mode, why all of a sudden everything is so smoky?
10. Twenty-five years after we see Jared Harris meet the young Michael Morbius, this man has not aged a day. What is your usual skin care, Dr. Nicholas?
11. Someone got it Pokemon fluids from Morbius? Because I, for one, didn’t do it, and I have no idea what director Daniel Espinosa is talking about when he says it was the inspiration for his film.
12. Why has no one wondered how Morbius is a world-renowned scientist who has just given up Nobel Prizebecause he’s so cool – suddenly he was able to walk without crutches and also, probably, squeeze the car?
13. Between Martin’s Morbius and Selina Kyle Batmanwhat do these beautiful women see all the time in these horrible Batmans? I guess I can see the mysterious appeal of Emma Robert Pattinson, and Morbius just had the biggest Marvel light after skinny Steve Rogers turned Captain America. But seriously, isn’t that a red flag?
14. When Morbius was given a vampire injection, he needed the help of a doctor to carefully find the entry point on his spine before making it. How did Milo manage to do all this himself?
15. Wait, when did Tyrese get here?
16. Who told Tyris that he can’t have fun in this movie? I guess his partner (Al Madrigal) is having fun for both of them, but it seems like a lost opportunity to me.
17. Speaking of Tyrese, he really fell in love with a fake quote in which he allegedly called Martin Scorsese Morbius “the true height of cinema?”
18. When Mila visits Morbius in prison, he convinces the guards that he is Morbius ‘lawyer and then leaves both his cane and a bundle of blood in Morbius’ cell, and no one notices. Did Mila pay off the guards with her mysterious money, or were they just the worst jailers?
19. Is there a version Morbius where half of the movie is just Matt Smith eating people and dancing over their bodies afterwards? If so, I think I would have preferred this film over the one we got.
20. After several victims were found dead with blood shed from their bodies, the nickname given to the suspect in the murder in the news agencies … “Vampire Slayer”? When J. John Jameson is good at something, a man can come up with catchy nicknames. Did Jameson keep all the good headlines in another Spider-Verse, or did this version of New York just get tired of having guys like Venom?
21. In Art Morbius trailer, Simon Stroud of Tyrese has a bionic hand (see below), but this detail is missing in the film. At some point, Stroud thanks Morbius for creating the synthetic blood that helped save his arm, so it may fill in some missing details of the story of Stroud’s arm, which was probably lost in one of Morbiusmany cuts. But what’s going on here?
22. Patient Morbius Anna … okay? Once at the beginning of the film he has to put her in a medical coma, it seems everyone forgets about her. Hopefully Morbius didn’t turn her into a vampire, but the alternative is just as bleak as he never found a drug that wouldn’t have quite serious side effects.
23. Composer John Extrand listened The Dark Knight the score of the trilogy on the replay when he was working on Morbius to kill?
24. Why at the end of the film did Martin turn into a vampire when none of the other victims did? Is that why she decided to bite Morbius’ lip and have a drink him blood in their last farewell before Morbius also drank her blood? (Also, WTF?)
25. Why didn’t Morbius return for Martin’s body after killing Milo? Like, are you really going to just feed on the blood of your dead girlfriend and then leave her corpse on the roof? I guess Morbius isn’t really a hero, huh?
26. What happened to Morbius ’master plan to take an anticoagulant for himself after Milo’s murder? Did he think and decide there is is it delicious to consume human blood now?
27. Let’s talk about those two stings. The first reveals a mysterious purple slit in the sky, warning of the arrival of Adrian Tooms (Michael Keaton), Tom Holland’s main villain. Spider-Man: Homecoming. After Tooms is released from prison at the end of the scene (because his crimes were committed in another universe), the second Stinger finds that he meets Morbius and offers to unite. The first question: why?
28. I thought the whole point Spider-Man: No way home was to get the villains back in their respective universes since Adrian Tooms was sent to another universe?
29. Why Thums appeared in the universe where Venom and Morbius exist? (Okay, okay, I know the answer to that question – money! – but come on, it’s damn good multiverse really so small?)
30. Why does Morbius travel to a remote place to meet Thums when he can fly now? Didn’t he see how high gas prices were?
31. Why is Sony so fond of Sinister Six? A Ominous Six Once the film starring Andrew Garfield was scheduled for release in 2016 before it was shot, and then it seemed that Sony was once again preparing for the Spidey supervillain team when McGargan (the villain of Scorpio) approached Tooms in prison. Spider-Man: Homecoming scene after captions. (Not to mention how No way home showed Spider-Man facing five of his most infamous villains at the same time.) Will the movie Sinister Six ever stop, and do we really need it at this point?
32. Does Sony’s contract require Michael Keaton to appear in every Sinister Six teaser?
33. Does Tooms realize that his version of Spider-Man is not even in this universe? And if his family is not in this universe either – although he may not have noticed it yet – then what does Tooms want?
34. What exactly does Morbius find “intriguing” in association with Vulture? Like five minutes before the last anti-menopausal battle with the bats at CGI, was Morbius ready to die so that this transformative vampire serum he brought into the world would disappear forever, and now he is ready to unite with the complete villains?
35. How did the vulture return the armor? He did not come with Tooms in the cell, and in this universe there is no other version of him that could be borrowed. Heck, the Avengers don’t exist in this universe, so the Battle of New York never happened, and there’s no alien technology that could be saved. Where did Tooms get the materials to restore this thing?
36. Are we sure Michael Keaton was under all that CGI in the second sting?
37. How did the vulture get the Morbius cell number?
38. It looks like the new Sony Spider-Verse Sinister Six will feature Vulture, Morbius and possibly Venom. Upcoming Craven is a hunter, with Aaron Taylor-Johnson in the lead role, is likely to introduce a fourth participant in his main villain. Who would be the last two members of the group of villains and how Madame Webb fits into everything?
39. Is Sony going to shoot the movie Sinister Six without Spider-Man?
40. Does this mean that Garfield can return to film in his canceled Sinister Six film?
41. Why did Morbius not ask who the Spider-Man was when Tooms mentioned him? A poster featuring what looked like Spider-Man Toby Maguire appeared in the movie’s trailer, but this shot was nowhere to be seen. Morbius. (As for Espinoza’s explanation of the poster’s omission: “If I knew something, I could tell you. [But] it’s not mine. It’s not my idea, you know? ”) One edition Daily Bugle also mentions that the Rhino is at large, which probably refers to Paul Jamati’s unique view of the character in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. So who is Spider-Man here ?!
42. I thought Eddie Brock and his symbiote / lover Venom had moved to New York. So where is the Mortal Defender? Still a honeymoon? Or are they still getting drunk with Dani Rojas from Ted Lasso?
Provided Morbius ends with the titled Vampire Doctor teaming up with Vulture’s MCU, this probably won’t be the last time we see how Summer’s antihero appears in Sony’s Spider-Verse. Given the amazing list of Sony Marvel-related movies that have Tom Hardy movies Poison franchise and not yet released Craven is a hunter and Madame Webb (the latter of which will be played by Dakota Johnson and Sydney Sweeney), it is unclear where the studio plans to move this growing cinematic universe while Spider-Man remains at MCU. But before my brain explodes Morbius If I think, or I will gradually have a desire to drink a pack of synthetic blood, I will leave you all the last question: do we ever need to meet again with Dr. Morbius?